Find Your School
Every child enrolling in Black Gold Regional Division No. 18 has a designated school. You can find your designated school by using our Find a School page.
New Student Registration is Processed Online
All new families are asked to register their child online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form is not available.
What is PowerSchool Registration?
PowerSchool/Infosnap Registration is our online enrolment system. PowerSchool Registration replaces annual paper registration packets, saving valuable time. The new system is a secure process that allows the Division to verify all student information for every child prior to the start of the new school year.
Don’t Own a Computer?
- All schools have a kiosk/chromebook available for parents that do not have access to a computer or the internet.
- The PowerSchool Registration program is mobile friendly, meaning that you can use your smartphone to register!
Don’t Own a Scanner?
Bring your supporting documents into the school in order to ensure your registration is complete. Alternatively, there are free Apps that will allow you to scan your documents on the go from your mobile phone or tablet and export them as JPEG or multipage PDF files. Check a few of these out:
New Registrations for the 2018 – 2019 school year are now open.
If you are new to the Black Gold area and will be attending a BGRD school, please note the following procedures.
Families that are registering a NEW PRE-KINDERGARTEN, KINDERGARTEN or ELEMENTARY STUDENT should:
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration/InfoSnap (You will be redirected to the PowerSchool Registration website and you will need to create an account – this is not the same as a PowerSchool Parent Portal account).
Families that are registering a NEW JUNIOR or SENIOR HIGH STUDENT should contact their school to:
- Inquire if they need to set up a registration appointment prior to completing the online registration form
- Inquire what documentation they should bring to the appointment (i.e. most recent report card, high school transcript, a progress report of each course if registering more than one month into school).
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration/InfoSnap.
Required Documentation Checklist for All Grades
- Birth Certificate
- Verification of residency: document showing parent name and local address.
Legal documentation is required for the following:
- Parental Custody Agreement if restrictions on access
- Guardianship letter if parents live in Alberta – contact school for more information
Legal Guardianship must be applied for through the Alberta Government if parents live outside Alberta – contact school for more information.
Students who attended a Black Gold Regional School in 2017-2018 and are returning to a Black Gold Regional School should not complete a new student registration form. Instead, they could complete an online Student Enrolment Verification Form, through their PowerSchool Parent Portal, prior to June 30, 2018.
School Entrance Age
Pre-Kindergarten programs are for children who are eligible for: Program Unit Funding, Mild/Moderate funding, English as a Second Language funding, or without special needs. Children must be 4 before March 1st of their Pre-Kindergarten year.
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are five (5) years of age by the end of the following February. An exception is allowed in cases where special learning needs have been identified and an earlier entrance into Kindergarten is desirable.
Children may begin Grade 1 in September if they are six (6) years of age by the end of the following February.
*School Entrance Age is subject to change for the 2018 – 2019 subject to amendments to the School Act.
Applying to a School That is Not Your Designated Location?
Should a family wish to enrol their child in a school other than the designated school, the enrolment request will be considered a request to attend a school of choice. Acceptance to a school of choice will be based upon existing BGRD policy and procedures including availability or non-availability of space and resources.