Online registration for all 2017 – 2018 Black Gold Regional Schools’ Kindergarten programs is now open.
Black Gold Regional Division No. 18 (BGRD) offers Kindergarten programs in all the communities in which we operate (Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Leduc, New Humble, New Sarepta, Thorsby, and Warburg). Please see individual school websites for programming options: days; length (full-day, every other day and half-day); and times available at your community school. To find your local program/school please visit Find a School.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
About Our Program
Our Kindergarten programs build on what your child has already learned at home and in your community. Our programs allow children to explore and experiment with their surroundings and to learn how to interact with other children. Our Kindergarten programs offer many benefits including:
- Further developed skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and the arts.
- Improved personal and social skills.
- Enhanced physical skills.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Kindergarten?
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are five (5) years of age by the end of the following February. An exception is allowed in cases where special learning needs have been identified and an earlier entrance into Kindergarten is desirable.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, email@example.com.
There may be limited spots available in your preferred Kindergarten program (morning, afternoon, or full day), and we encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment. Please note, we may not be able to accommodate your preference, depending on student enrolment and program viability.
How to Register
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program they want to register in and indicate they would like busing (this will not guarantee busing)*.
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by deposit deadline (April 28, 2017) to ensure your registration is complete.
Is Transportation Provided?
Kindergarten students follow regular BGRD Transportation policy and procedures. It should be noted if the ECS Program is a half-day program, there is no busing available for noon hour, at the end of the morning program, or at the beginning of the afternoon program.