Online registration is currently open for 2018 – 2019 Pre-Kindergarten programs.
Registration for 2019 – 2020 programs will open January 23, 2019.
Black Gold Regional Division No. 18 (BGRD) offers Pre-Kindergarten programs in many of the communities in which we operate. To find your local program/school please visit Find a School.
Several programming options may be offered with varying days, length (full-day, every other day and half-day), and times. Please inquire with individual schools for programming details.
Please note: Programs and class preferences are subject to change based on enrolment, space and program viability. We encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment.
- École Beau Meadow School
- École Bellevue School
- École Champs Vallée School
- École Coloniale Estates School
- École Dansereau Meadows School
CALMAR AND AREA
- East Elementary School (includes West Haven Public School designated boundary)
- École Corinthia Park School (includes Caledonia Park School designated boundary)
- Linsford Park School (includes École Leduc Estates designated boundary)
- Willow Park School
- Thorsby Elementary School (Includes Warburg School designated boundary)
About Our Program
Our Pre-Kindergarten programs provide:
- Learning guided by a certificated teacher.
- Educational services in an inclusive preschool setting.
- Small class size.
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs.
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of special needs.
- Integrated and individual speech and language services.
- Access to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Psychological Services.
- Regular parent contact and family-oriented programming sessions.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Pre-Kindergarten?
Children may begin Pre-Kindergarten in a school within our Division in September if they are four (4) years of age by the end of February of the following year. Children who qualify for Program Unit Funding (PUF) may qualify if they are three (3) years of age before January 1st and meet the criteria for PUF.
*Changes for the 2019 – 2020 school year: eligibility includes child turning four (4) years of age by January 1st of their Pre-Kindergarten year.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, email@example.com.
How to Register
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration/Infosnap (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register.
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by the specified deadline to ensure your registration is complete.
Is Transportation Provided?
We do not provide transportation to Pre-Kindergarten students.