Black Gold School Division pre-kindergarten program registration will be delayed until further notice as we examine the implications of changes to the new funding model for Program Unit Funding introduced in last week’s budget. BGSD remains committed to providing exceptional Early Childhood Service programming for our school families and will continue to do so in the 2020-21 school year. Please continue to refer to the BGSD or school websites for updates about pre-k registration.
About Our Program
Black Gold School Division (BGSD) offers Pre-Kindergarten programs in many of the communities in which we operate. To find your local program/school please visit BGSD’s Bus Planner – School Eligibility Page. For more detailed information, contact the ECS department at Ph: 780.955.4534.
Please note: Programs and class preferences are subject to change based on enrolment, space and program viability. We encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment.
Our Pre-Kindergarten programs provide:
- Learning guided by a certificated teacher.
- Educational services in an inclusive preschool setting.
- Small class size.
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs.
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of special needs.
- Integrated and individual speech and language services.
- Access to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Psychological Services.
- Regular parent contact and family-oriented programming sessions.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
How to Register
- Follow the link to the online registration page (see below).
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration/Infosnap (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register.
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by the specified deadline to ensure your registration is complete.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Pre-Kindergarten?
Children may begin Pre-Kindergarten in a school within our Division in September if they are four (4) years of age as of December 31 of the respective school year. Children who qualify for Program Unit Funding (PUF) may qualify if they are three (3) years of age as of December 31 of the respective school year and meet the criteria for PUF.
Pre-Kindergarten Locations (2019 – 2020 Programs – Subject to Change)
- École Beau Meadow School
- École Bellevue School (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
- École Champs Vallée School (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
- École Coloniale Estates School (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
- École Dansereau Meadows School (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
CALMAR AND AREA
- Calmar Elementary School (Includes New Humble Centre School designated boundary)
- East Elementary School (includes West Haven Public School designated boundary) (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
- École Corinthia Park School (includes Caledonia Park School designated boundary)(FULL for 2019 – 2020)
- Linsford Park School (includes École Leduc Estates designated boundary)
- Willow Park School (FULL for 2019 – 2020)
THORSBY AND AREA
- Thorsby Elementary School (Includes Warburg School designated boundary)
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Transportation Provided?
We do not provide transportation to Pre-Kindergarten students.