Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Black Gold schools division office is open, schools will be limiting visitor access. For visitor inquiries, please call 780.955.6025
Information for Families
- Temporary move to at-home learning (May 7-25, 2021): May 2021 BGSD At-Home Learning Guide
- Temporary Move to At-Home Learning – November 30, 2020
- BGSD 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan Updated October 30, 2020
- FAQs on Re-entry to Schools
Letters from Alberta Education
Covid-19 Information for Albertans
- Alberta Guidance for Schools and Child Care Programs
- Alberta Health Services-Information for Albertans
Covid-19 School Tracker
Please note: To avoid confusion, and to ensure consistency in public reporting, Black Gold School Division is referring inquiries regarding COVID-19 case numbers in schools to the Alberta Government’s School Status Interactive Map: https://www.alberta.ca/schools/covid-19-school-status-map.htm
The school outbreak map shows the current status of COVID-19 in K to 12 schools across Alberta. If a case is confirmed in a school, contact tracers and public health officials identify potential exposure and limit spread.
Alberta Health Services has implemented public health measures to support the safe operation of schools during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This includes mandatory masking, physical distancing when possible, enhanced cleaning, and daily symptom screening.