- What is Black Gold doing to protect staff and students against all respiratory illnesses, including flu and COVID-19?
- Encouraging good hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene practices.
- Discouraging everyone from sharing food, utensils, and water bottles.
- Promoting ‘elbow bumps’ in place of handshakes as informal greetings.
- Notifying parents if students become ill with Influenza-like Illness at school.
- Advising parents to keep ill children at home until they are free of symptoms and feeling well and are able to participate in normal daily activities.
- Advising ill staff to stay home.
- Implementing its Pre-Pandemic Phase and with guidance from Alberta Health Services, evaluating the move to its Pandemic Phase.
- Providing students with age appropriate information.
- Advising staff against travelling internationally.
- When should students and staff remain at home?
- If a student or staff member has visited a Grand Princess Cruise, Iran, Italy, or China’s Hubei province in the last 14 days, it is recommended s/he self-isolates until 2 weeks have passed since that visit – this is recommended even if one is feeling well.
- Parents (students) and staff should call Health Link 811 for additional precautions if they have travelled to anywhere outside of Canada and experienced any of the following: contact with someone who was suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19, were in a health-care facility, have symptoms such as a cough or fever.
- If one develops Influenza-like Illness (respiratory illness, fever, cough, etc) stay home.
- If a one does not meet the exposure criteria above, s/he does not need to stay away from school/work.
- Is Black Gold cancelling participation in large gatherings: sports tournaments, concerts, festivals, parent/teacher interviews, etc?
- Yes, Black Gold has instructed its schools to postpone indefinitely any sports tournaments, ski nights, drama productions, family nights/dances, and school open houses they may be hosting.
- Black Gold is instructing its schools to ensure that no more than 250 individuals are in the same room at any given time ie: school assemblies, staff P.D. sessions, field trip venues, etc.
Once again, Black Gold will continue monitoring the situation and respond appropriately to any changes.
Human Resources & Administration