In response to the Alberta Government’s announcement on September 15, 2021, of a Public Health Emergency, the Board of Trustees yesterday approved the 2021-2022 Public Health Emergency Interim Plan as recommended by Administration
This is a new interim plan in response to the public health emergency and is significantly different than our 2021-2022 School Entry Plan. It incorporates the temporary measures released by the Government of Alberta based on guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) and Alberta Health Services.
Some of the highlights of the new provincially-mandated requirements, in addition to the masking requirements are:
- Kindergarten – Grade 6 students will be in cohorts indoors and outdoors.
- No extracurricular activities for K-6
- Sports continue for Grades 7-12, but with no spectators
- Only essential visitors are permitted in the school
- All field trips must follow the health mandates of the host site
Given all the mandated requirements, parents/guardians may want to familiarize themselves with the entire document.
When the public health emergency is over, we will return to using the School Entry Plan. Parents will be notified of the change.