Dear Black Gold Families,
Although it feels like we are living in a completely different world right now, Spring break is just about here. We encourage you to take this time to pause, take care of your health and well-being, and relax in the comfort of your home with family.
Our Black Gold staff have been working hard to support students at home and have also been instructed to take the March 30 – April 3, 2020 break to ensure they are well rested and ready to further support your children again on April 6. This means that next week, your family will not receive any schoolwork, assignments or instruction from Black Gold teachers or support staff. All schools will be closed.
Please note that all Black Gold School playgrounds are also closed until further notice to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The green spaces are still available and the usage of these spaces are still permitted as long as responsible social distancing can be adhered to.
If families are looking for activities over the break, they may want to want to explore Recess Guardian’s active8 Your Home. This is a free daily video service that brings recess right to you! Healthy Together, from Alberta Health Services is another resource. It features daily posts about how families can be healthy, active and safe.
For those that are struggling, experiencing stress, anxiety or depression due to the COVID-19, remember you are not alone. We have provided some important resources and phone numbers following this letter to help support you.
Please remember to help prevent the COVID-19 spread by following the provincial government’s recommendation to:
- stay home and away from others if sick or in isolation;
- practice good hygiene – washing hands, avoiding touching face, etc;
- and social distance by keeping at least 6 feet (the length of a bicycle) from others when going out, limiting the number of times you do go out and washing or sanitizing your hands after touching communal surfaces.
Thank you to all parents/guardians for everything you do every day, especially during this unprecedented time! Throughout all of this, you have been incredibly supportive and understanding, and it has not gone unnoticed.
Please stay well and safe, and know that we are here to support you and your family in the days ahead.
Wishing you a fun, safe and restful week.
Superintendent of Schools/CEO
Black Gold School Division
For those that are struggling, experiencing stress, anxiety or depression due to the COVID-19, remember you are not alone.
Important Support Phone Numbers
- Text4Hope – Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe.
- Addiction Helpline – 1-866-332-2322
- Family Violence – Find Supports – 310-1818
- Income Supports – 1-866-644-5135
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
- Mental Health Helpline – 1-877-303-2642
- MyHealth.Alberta.ca: List of Important Numbers
- Toll Free Crisis Line / Distress Centres
- 780 area code: 1-800-482-4357
- 403 area code: 1-800-784-2433