*SAVE THE DATE | All applicable Black Gold schools will open for 2021-2022 Kindergarten registration on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. See below for instructions on how to register.
Each designated school may offer different program times (i.e. morning, afternoon, Monday/Wednesday, or Tuesday/Thursday), and all children will have a place at their designated school. Nonetheless, if you have a strong preference for a particular time, please register early to avoid disappointment because preferred/requested program times will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis using Black Gold’s online enrollment system (available January 20, 2021).
School will look different this year as we change the way we do things to follow Alberta Health Services guidelines to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. Families are encouraged to read the Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten Flyer and refer to the 2020-2021 BGSD School Re-entry Plan.
About Our Program
Black Gold School Division (BGSD) offers Kindergarten programs in all the communities in which we operate (Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Leduc, New Sarepta, Thorsby, and Warburg). To find your local program/school please visit BGSD’s Bus Planner – School Eligibility Page. For more information, please contact the Early Childhood Services (ECS) at 780.955.4534.
Several BGSD schools offer programming options with varying days, length (full-day, every other day and half-day), and times. Early French Immersion is offered in BGSD’s Beaumont Family of Schools as well as two locations in our Leduc Family of Schools (École Corinthia Park School and École Leduc Estates School). Please inquire with individual schools for programming details.
Programs and class preferences are subject to change based on enrollment, space and program viability. We encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment.
Our Kindergarten programs build on what your child has already learned at home and in your community. Our programs allow children to explore and experiment with their surroundings and to learn how to interact with other children. Our Kindergarten programs offer many benefits including:
- Further developed skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and the arts.
- Improved personal and social skills.
- Enhanced physical skills.
How to Register
- Follow the link to the online registration page (see below).
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register and indicate they would like busing (Please note: this will not guarantee busing).
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by the specified deadline to ensure your registration is complete.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Kindergarten?
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are at least 5 years old as of December 31 of the respective school year.
Kindergarten Locations (2019-2021 – programs subject to change)
- École Beau Meadow School
- École Bellevue School
- École Champs Vallée School
- École Coloniale Estates School
- École Dansereau Meadows School
CALMAR AND AREA
- Caledonia Park School
- Covenant Christian School
- East Elementary School
- École Corinthia Park School
- École Leduc Estates School
- Linsford Park School
- West Haven Public School
- Willow Park School
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Early Years Coordinator Niki Gill at 780.955.4534, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is Transportation Provided?
Kindergarten students follow regular BGSD Transportation Policy and Procedures. It should be noted if the ECS Program is a half-day program, there is no busing available for noon hour, at the end of the morning program, or at the beginning of the afternoon program.