Online registration is now open for 2019 – 2020 Kindergarten programs.
2019 – 2020 Registration:
Black Gold School Division (BGSD) offers Kindergarten programs in all the communities in which we operate (Beaumont, Calmar, Devon, Leduc, New Humble, New Sarepta, Thorsby, and Warburg). To find your local program/school please visit Find a School.
Several BGSD schools offer programming options with varying days, length (full-day, every other day and half-day), and times. Early French Immersion is offered in BGSD’s Beaumont Family of Schools as well as two locations in our Leduc Family of Schools (École Corinthia Park School and École Leduc Estates School) . Please inquire with individual schools for programming details.
Please note: Programs and class preferences are subject to change based on enrolment, space and program viability. We encourage families to register early to avoid disappointment.
- École Beau Meadow School
- École Bellevue School
- École Champs Vallée School
- École Coloniale Estates School
- École Dansereau Meadows School
CALMAR AND AREA
- Caledonia Park School
- Covenant Christian School
- East Elementary School
- École Corinthia Park School
- École Leduc Estates School
- Linsford Park School
- West Haven Public School
- Willow Park School
About Our Program
Our Kindergarten programs build on what your child has already learned at home and in your community. Our programs allow children to explore and experiment with their surroundings and to learn how to interact with other children. Our Kindergarten programs offer many benefits including:
- Further developed skills in language arts, math, social studies, science, and the arts.
- Improved personal and social skills.
- Enhanced physical skills.
For a Comprehensive Guide for Parents/Guardians on our Early Childhood Services Programs, please see the e-booklet below.
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Kindergarten?
Children may begin Kindergarten in a school within the Division in September if they are five (5) years of age by the end of the following February*. An exception is allowed in cases where special learning needs have been identified and an earlier entrance into Kindergarten is desirable.
*Subject to change for the 2020 – 2021 school year based on amendments to the School Act.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register and indicate they would like busing (Please note: this will not guarantee busing).
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by the specified deadline to ensure your registration is complete.
2019 – 2020 Registration:
Is Transportation Provided?
Kindergarten students follow regular BGRD Transportation policy and procedures. It should be noted if the ECS Program is a half-day program, there is no busing available for noon hour, at the end of the morning program, or at the beginning of the afternoon program.