Do you have a pre-school age child who struggles with following directions, communication, separation anxiety, temper tantrums, changes in schedule or other developmental milestones? Consider having a screening and find out if your child can qualify for free Pre-kindergarten with Black Gold School Division. For more information, contact Early Childhood Services Coordinator Niki Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: School will look different this year as we change the way we do things to follow Alberta Health Services guidelines to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19. Families are encouraged to read the Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten Flyer and refer to the 2020-2021 BGSD School Re-entry Plan.
About Our Program
Black Gold School Division (BGSD) offers Pre-kindergarten programs in many of the communities in which we operate. For more detailed information, contact Niki Gill at email@example.com.
Our Pre-kindergarten programs provide:
- Learning guided by a certificated teacher.
- Small class size.
- Individualized program planning with parents to address each child’s needs.
- Specialized, intensive service in areas of special needs.
- Integrated and individual speech and language services.
- Access to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Psychological Services.
How to Register
- Please communicate with Niki Gill for eligibility prior to registration.
- Follow the link to the online registration page (see below).
- Register online via PowerSchool Registration. A paper copy of the registration form will not be available.
- Parents will create an account with PowerSchool Registration/Infosnap (this is not a PowerSchool Parent Portal account) and then enter all their students’ registration information.
- The form will allow the parent to choose the program in which they want to register.
- Birth certificates and citizenship documentation etc. can be uploaded via the online registration process or handed in at the school.
- All documentation is to be received by the specified deadline to ensure your registration is complete.
|*Please communicate with Niki Gill for eligibility prior to registration. firstname.lastname@example.org|
When Is My Child Eligible To Attend Pre-Kindergarten?
Eligible children may begin Pre-Kindergarten in a school within our Division in September if they are four (4) years of age as of December 31 of the respective school year. Children who qualify for Program Unit Funding (PUF) may qualify if they are three (3) years of age as of December 31 of the respective school year and meet the criteria for PUF.
Pre-Kindergarten Locations (2020 – 2021 Programs – Subject to Change)
- Calmar Elementary School
- École Bellevue School
*Designated Pre-Kindergarten site for all Beaumont attendance areas and New Sarepta Elementary School
- East Elementary School
*Designated Pre-Kindergarten site for Caledonia Park School, École Corinthia Park School, West Haven Public School
- Linsford Park School
*Designated Pre-Kindergarten site for École Leduc Estates School, Willow Park School and Linsford Park School
- Robina Baker Elementary School
- Thorsby Elementary School
*Designated Pre-Kindergarten site for Warburg School
* Please note: Covenant Christian Play School does not fall under the Black Gold School Division Pre-Kindergarten umbrella, please contact the school directly for more information about registration for that program.
Children with Special Needs
For more information about programming for children with special needs, please contact Niki Gill, ECS coordinator, 780-955-4534, email@example.com.
Is Transportation Provided?
We do not provide transportation to Pre-Kindergarten students.